February 20, 2022
Mid-Winter Greetings from the Lakeshore
I trust that this message finds you and your family healthy and enjoying the winter months wherever you are. If you are in Michigan, you know that winter is upon us. We have had quite a bit of snow, wind, and Lake Michigan has been consistently covered in ice for over month now.
Even with all the winter snow, dreams of summer sunsets, warm days on the beaches and endless hours of boating roll through our minds. With that said, let’s talk about Your Douglas Lake Shore Association.
While the news waves have been a bit quiet, your DLSA Board has been busy planning for the 2022 Summer season that include:
- Continued updates of our new website www.douglaslakeshoreassociation.com
- A renewed approach to the Annual Summer Party which will be held in June of 2022
- New hosts, new members, and new venues for our Friday night Summer Socials
- Business cards for members to have handy to promote new members to join
- New Private property signs for purchase for your property
- A revised and fully printed Membership Directory which will be available at the Summer Party in June 2022
- Continued communication with the Village of Douglas regarding the Douglas Public Beach use and hours
- Safety along Lakeshore Drive for our residents and guests
Of course, we are always looking for constructive suggestions from all our members and we are always looking for more members to be involved. If you would like to join in the fun and productivity, please reach out to me and I am sure we can find a place for you.
About Memberships, your board voted in September 2021 to raise the annual DLSA dues to $50.00 per year per family. I have included a membership update form for you to return with your membership dues payment check. (At this time, we do not process payments online, so please mail your check today.)
Please review the Membership directory attached for accuracy of your family’s information and provide any changes on the membership update form when you mail in your dues. Please be assured that any information you provide for the DLSA Directory will be used exclusively for the purpose of keeping in touch with other members, friends, and neighbors. The board discourages the use of the membership directory for solicitation purposes
I look forward to your return of your membership update form and the sunny summer days ahead.
All the Best,