April 3, 2023
Greeting to all Members.
I trust this finds you have been hunkered down for the winter in your favorite place. As I write, we are experiencing mid 40’s and sunshine … not much like winter especially after the cold and snowy Blizzard we had over Christmas. Oh Well, you know what they say, if you don’t like the weather here in Michigan, just stick around it will change. And I suspect we may see another flake or two before we “Full Send” into Spring and Summer.
For those of you who have been away, The Lake Michigan levels are down considerably, and you can get up to date information from the Army Corps of Engineers right on the DLSA Website under Resources > Local Links and News.
There are all kinds of great information on our website as we are updating things monthly:
- Lakeshore: There is new information on the DLSA Website regarding the Lakeshore Drive Feasibility study … Just click through and read. You can even download the study for your reading enjoyment.
- News: The Local Links and news are always up to date with What’s Happening all around the area.
- Membership: The Membership directory has been updated and is available for you to download a copy under the “Membership” drop down menu
- The password is “Beachsand” to log in to the “Membership Directory”
- Note: If you need to request a change to your information listed in the Membership Directory, please Log In to the directory and use the online form under the Membership Directory to submit that information.
- Social Events: We have put together most of the Summer Socials on our events page. We would love to add a Season Opener gathering on April 28, a Fall Sunset Watch October 13, and a Fireside Warm Up on November 17. If you would like to host one of those Socials, please, reach out to our social Director Michael O’Conner at email@example.com … And remember, we are all very thankful for the generosity of the members who host, as well as the Joy brought by all those who attend them.
Board and Committee Leadership Opportunities:
. We will have a few board members retiring this year, Please consider serving on the DLSA Board of Trustees
. We are always looking for Committee members so if you feel you have some skills and/or talents to bring to your organization, please reach out.
. If you have any other ideas or would like to help your organization in anyway, Please let us know! You can simply reply to this email with one of the following messages below:
I am interested in serving on an DLSA committee: ____
I am interested in serving on the DLSA Board of Directors: ____
I am interested in helping DLSA in other ways. Please contact me: ____
2023 Membership Renewal:
- In order to streamline the financial accountability of the Association, we now accept all Membership Dues Payments via Credit and Debit card Online.
- To pay your Annual Membership Dues online now, click the link below:
- We also have a direct link for payment of dues on the front page of the Douglas Lake Shore Association Website: www.douglaslakeshoreassociation.org
I hope that you all go take a look through the Updated Website and continue to support our local business and organizations.
And MOST IMPORTANT, Your DLSA Grows by Word of Mouth and You inviting YOUR Neighbors and Friends. Please tell others about what is happening here and feel free to forward this email on to potential new members.
That’s all for now and I look forward to seeing you all soon as you return to the Lake Shore for the Summer.